TALC Academy is a private school for children experiencing difficulty with their education and learning. Our goal is to work intensively with our students and provide individual intervention to address their specific academic needs, so that they would be able to return to the regular public or private school system as successful learners.
The typical student in our program could have some of the following:
* a learning disability
* a language impairment
* a communication disorder
* a non-verbal learning disability
* reading disorders (dyslexia)
* written language difficulties
* difficulties with math
* Auditory processing difficulties
* memory difficulties
* social language difficulties
* Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
* an alternate learning style
The curriculum is designed for students who, with individual support, small class size, program modifications and support, are capable of developing their skills and reaching their potential. Many of our students have learning profiles that would allow them to be identified as Exceptional Pupils through the I.P.R.C. process (Identification, Placement, and Review Committee).